Applying for OMB Summer
Applications for the summer of 2000 are no longer being
- General: Opportunities are best for graduate students in
public policy, public administration, business, information systems, computer
science, economics, law, or a related field. The duration of the assignment
varies depending on each student's schedule, but most internships begin in mid
to late May and end in late August.
- Paid Assignments: OMB usually hires a limited number of summer
interns. Interns are paid under the General Schedule (GS). Salary is determined
based on the qualifications of the student. Students with one year of graduate
school qualify for a GS-7 (annual salary $28,866). Students may qualify for
higher grades if they have appropriate experience in addition to the graduate
- Application Process: Individuals who are currently enrolled as
a degree-seeking student in an accredited college or university interested in
applying for the summer intern program should send (1) résumé,
(2) writing sample (1-3 pages), and (3) copy of graduate and/or undergraduate
transcript (copy may be unofficial) to the following address:
- Executive Office of the President
- Office of Management and Budget
- Administration Office
- 725 17th Street, NW, Room 9026
- Washington, DC 20503
- Résumé, writing sample, and general inquiries may also
be sent via Email to OMB_Recruitment@omb.eop.gov.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- On-campus Recruiting: OMB visits some graduate schools each
year. Check with the placement director of your school for details.
- EOP Job Line: 202-395-5892
The Budget | Legislative Information | Management Reform/GPRA
Financial Management | Procurement Policy | Information & Regulatory Policy
Contact the White House Web Master